1/18/11

The Best of Hong Kong: My Top 5 Highlights





I thought I would share some photos from my Hong Kong trip from the perspective of my point-and-shoot camera. The trip was such a colourful experience, visually and personally. It was inspiring to see the colours from the flower market, the lights from the oversized neon signs, the sun setting behind the mountains and to see old China juxtaposed against modern skyscrapers.

Also, I learned on this trip that I am just too snap happy when it comes to food.


Here are my top 5 highlights of Hong Kong that you shouldn't miss:
  1. The Peak: for amazing panoramic views of the city. Plus you get to ride a tram to get to the top.
  2. The Big Buddha: It's probably the biggest Buddha I've ever seen. It's a little bit of a tourist trap, but it's definitely worth checking out.
  3. Mong Kok: for cheap shopping and bargains at the market. Remember there is no tax and you'll have to haggle!
  4. Flower Market: for the impressive variety of flowers and inspiring colours
  5. Causewaybay: for the extensive amount of shopping and the most damage to your credit card. There is Laforet here and a street called Fashion Walk lined with Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant and smaller boutiques.